I woke up this morning and I am officially turns 32 years old today!!! Alhamdulillah and syukran to the Mercy Allah SWT for this life. Wow, believe it or not, it's been a year! Today... I am celebrating my one year survival milestone as a Mummy of one... I remember on this date I'm fighting for the life of Ash and myself... I'd undergone the 2 days of battle with the Dexamethasone Jap in order to mature Ash's lung as there's a complication on my pregnancy and it is called Placenta Previa... The full stories of it...could be found on THIS ENTRY. Alhamdulillah, with the will of Allah, both of us survive and Ash will turn to one very soon...in the mere time as well... ^_* wink wink... So, it's a double celebrations for us this year! Yeayyy....
Huhh... the memories of spending your birthday in the hospital and being worried for what lied ahead still fresh in my memories. Little did I know, a year later, now, I am in a better place -the best place I've been in my entire life - a survivor, a mummy and the happiest I've ever been. I still remember that day, like it was yesterday. I got out of my car, approached the surgeon and get my tummy sliced...ha ha ha...it's not the correct words actually to say it or to put it...but that's the best that I could think of... on how to describe it at least for now...duh... My husband, my family, friends, acquaintances and people I've met along the way have been the best. I couldn't have gotten through it without all of them (inclusive you... *_^).
I'm super excited about turning 32! Even though the age is growing but always young at heart...ha ha ha... This year has some great things ahead for me... I get to move into my new workplace and (hopefully!) it will bring me more self and career development that I always preached for and more money! Ha ha ha... Sounded rigid ain't it? But... hey Ash's is growing up...we all know how parents trying to survive to raise their own child now a days...Ain't it?
31 wasn't all sunshine and roses but when I look back that's what I want to focus on...Trust me...there were hard times. There still are hard times, but the Mercy Allah SWT is with me. Alhamdulillah. I'm so blessed to have been able to share this birthday with Ash this year.
As I am officially turns 32 years old today, it marks 32 years of me being on this planet, and while it may be a little sad to part with your 20s...muahahaha... I still miss being 20s though... And sometimes it's hard to believe that I am a 3 series version now... It's also a little exciting to think of all the new possibilities that the new decade will bring. While it is true you are sacrificing a little of your youth, you are also gaining in terms of wisdom, experience and maturity (ahakss...hopefully, anyway). Sure, I may not be quite where I had intended to be, but life is all about the journey and destination when we are no longer exist in this world. So note to self... be kind to yourself by being a little flexible and allowing yourself a little leeway. At 32 years old, you're still a legal wife to a legal husband and you're a mummy of one little boy named Iman Firash! Alhamdulillah...
Again, here are the several things I have learnt along the way, it might be best to keep them in my mind always, each year for when the seas get a little rough.
- It's perfect normal to miss someone. Missing someone is a way of acknowledging the richness they brought into your life, but I am a believer that people enter my life for a reason.
- You will NEVER EVER be able to please anyone. Therefore, it is much easier to be true to yourself and your beliefs (within reason) as your are the only person in this world who will ever have your own best interests at heart.
- It has been few years where you have been cut ties with many people, for many reasons. But while it may seem a little lonely at times, it is best to severe ties with people who drain you emotionally, physically and mentally, and be at peace with yourself and the world. Friendship should be easy, not something that you have to struggle with continually.
- It is ok to feel a little flat sometimes, and it is ok to just have a little cry if you need to. Always remember, though, that tomorrow is a new day and brings new possibilities and leave your sadness and start afresh.
- There will always be people who need to put you down to feel better about themselves, but is is far more satisfying to take the high road (althought it may, admittedly, not feel that way sometimes), and know that you are the bigger and better, person for it.
- It is also ok to doubt yourself from time to time, self-reflection is a good way of reassessing your goals and there is a very fine line between confidence and arrogance.
- It may sometimes seem like life is not progressing the way you might like it to, but considering that to be a failure is belittling the successes you had along the way, which while small, were hard fought and won, and without which, you would not be the person you are today.
- Remember that the biggest satisfaction is from doing things because you wanted to, not because you were expected to or because you felt you should.
- Comparing yourself to other might be impossible to avoid, but remind yourself that everyone has their own journey, their own trials and their own tribulations, and dawn will always come, no matter how dark the night might seem (in other words, all things eventually come to an end.).
- Above all, always try to be the best person you can be, for you need to be able to face yourself in the mirror and be at peace with who you are.
Here's to an amazing decade ahead, In Shaa Allah and may it surpass all expectations!!!
Thank you everyone for the overwhelming wishes on my Facebook wall, on my What's App especially from my KBBA'ians siblings... Kelab Blogger Ben Ashaari for the wishes since 12.00 am, personal messages received, emails and lots more...and the most touched from my ex-teacher while I was in secondary school Pn. Wahida...
Not to forget thanks to abang Potia Cassadelarosa for this birthday wish and video... Alhamdulillah, thank you...
To name it and list it one by one, I believe this entry would be long and longer...therefore... I sum it up in one piece...THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE WARM WISHES AND THOUGHTS ON MY BIRTHDAY... THANK YOU SO MUCH and I do really appreciate all the thoughts and kindness...